BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rudfaden
Pyrite | Level 9

I am tryning to sigon to SAS grid. When I signon, SAS tries to alllocate all librefs, even some that I do not have acces to, resulting in errors.

%let rc = %sysfunc( grdsvc_enable(_all_, server= SASAppIB));
options autosignon;
*signon grid1 inheritlib=(work=swork format funk) ;
%syslput _ALL_;

rsubmit task1 wait=no;
    %put &periode;
endrsubmit;

signoff grid1;
NOTE: Libref SD successfully assigned from logical server.
ERROR: Libref MATCHV2 failed to assign from logical server.

Is there anyway to determine which libraries that are assigned to the remote session ot should the problem be fixed in the metadata?

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

I suppose you (or the autoexec file) could always try to   dopen()   a path before trying to assign it.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@rudfaden  - This type of problem should be the responsibility of your SAS administrator so I suggest you should discuss that with him / her.

Ideally this can be done by assigning libraries in SAS metadata and aligning metadata permissions with OS folder permissions. Once they align you shouldn't get any allocation failures because you will only get libraries allocated if you have the metadata permission to assign them.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation