how to assign  each customer wise unique barcode to table a

Advance thanks

3 REPLIES 3
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

I don't understand this. Please sketch how your desired result looks

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Please give a fuller explanation of your problem and the logic needed to create the output.

Also — DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP — please go back and change the subject line to a meaningful subject line for your post. Every post here is about SAS, we need a post that briefly describes the problem.

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

@nayab_shaik wrote:

Hi Team,

i have two tables like 

table1

id  name  trasactioncode

1  ss       1223432

2  ac        3382168

3 aa        3456729

3 gf        0998755

table 2 column like

barcode coloumn 

how to assign  each customer wise unique barcode to table a

Advance thanks

Do you have a value in common between the two tables? If so tell us which it is. If not you will need to find another table that has  values in common with both tables that can provide the linkage information.

I suspect you need to the additional table that would have the Transactioncode and all of the items affected during that specific transaction.

You should also provide exactly how you expect the result to look for a given set of example data as I suspect that you have a varying numbers of barcodes related to each transaction.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation