BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Myurathan
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Experts,

I have following code;

%Macro Relcontclien_Module();
	Proc sql;
		Create table IFRS.RELCONTCLIEN_&Period._Nordic as
		select Distinct
		 "&date."d format YYMMDDn8. as FECREPOR, /*Format conversion needed */
		 Country_ISO_01 format $5. as CORUNIT, /*Clarification need on how to report unit*/
		 Contract_Key as CODCONTR,
		 CustomerID as CODIDPER,
		 '1' as CODINTER
		 from IFRS.Module_Cal_&Period._Nordic	
		 order by Contract_Key;
	quit;

%Mend;

When I run it, it displays the following error in the log;

NOTE 49-169: The meaning of an identifier after a quoted string might change in a future SAS release.  Inserting white space 
             between a quoted string and the succeeding identifier is recommended.

But the Log summary has not got any error marks. I have already seen other posts on the same question. I could not figure out still how to fix it. 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I have nothing to run this on so just guessing.  The warning refers to scenarios using named literals.  This is a system whereby a letter is suffixed to a string to indicate type, e.g. "21jul2018"d - this indicates the string is a date.  As these suffixes could change it is warning you that a generated part of your code has created this and you should be careful.  

I suspect it is this line:

"&date."d

Which you can change to:

input("&date.",date9.) as recrepor format yymmddn8.,

Please do avoid coding in mixed case, it makes code very hard to read.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I have nothing to run this on so just guessing.  The warning refers to scenarios using named literals.  This is a system whereby a letter is suffixed to a string to indicate type, e.g. "21jul2018"d - this indicates the string is a date.  As these suffixes could change it is warning you that a generated part of your code has created this and you should be careful.  

I suspect it is this line:

"&date."d

Which you can change to:

input("&date.",date9.) as recrepor format yymmddn8.,

Please do avoid coding in mixed case, it makes code very hard to read.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation