BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yankee241
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Everyone, 

I need help for a report I'm doing on SAS 9.4 , I have to sum the number of customer calls depending on a date, let's say 31/01/2018 : 

I need in seperate columns : The month sum, the last month sum, the last trimester sum and the last 12 months sum . 

I really dont know how to do it , here a screenshot of the data :

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance for any tips, I put on attach how this need to lookCaptureSAS.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

Welcome to the SAS forum 🙂

You will have much better luck in finding a usable code answer if you provide us with some data that represents your actual data alog with a description of your desired result.

yankee241
Calcite | Level 5

CaptureSAS.PNG

The variable changing in the stored process will be the date, depending on the day they choose, I need to provide the first column with the blue title as the sum of the 1st of the month and the date (if it's 15/01/2018 , then it will be the 1st to the 15th) , the last month (december in this case) , the last 3 month and the last 12 month ) 

all depending on the site (region) and the job (PFS, Prod.... ) 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Start by giving us a picture of your data. Post some example data in a data step with datalines, so we can quickly and accurately recreate your dataset and play around with it.

Just to give you an idea how to solve it with a data step:

%let ref_date=%sysfunc(today());

data have;
input call_date :yymmdd10. no_of_calls;
datalines;
2018-01-01 1
2018-08-09 4
2018-10-03 2
2018-11-01 3
;
run;

data want (keep=sum_month sum_prev_month sum_trim sum_year);
set have end=eof;
retain
  sum_month 0
  sum_prev_month 0
  sum_trim 0
  sum_year 0
;
if intck('month',call_date,&ref_date.,'c') < 1 then sum_month + no_of_calls;
if 1 <= intck('month',call_date,&ref_date.,'c') < 2 then sum_prev_month + no_of_calls;
if intck('month',call_date,&ref_date.,'c') <= 4 then sum_trim + no_of_calls;
if intck('month',call_date,&ref_date.,'c') <= 12 then sum_year + no_of_calls;
if eof then output;
run;

yankee241
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the tip, I will edit my first message once I have my data available; I'm not at work today. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation