BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11

Hello Experts,

I'm wondering about the "where" clause in sql code. I need to apply the where clause in the beginning only for the PSAEU11.DB_DOSSIER data, but I suppose that my syntaxe is not right. 

proc  sql;
create table test as select rga.cd_rga,sousc.no_police from PSAEU11.db_dossier sousc (where sousc.cd_dossier = 'SOUSC' and sousc.lp_etat_doss not in ('ANNUL','A30','IMPAY') and sousc.no_police = 'I99300001') left join  PSAEU11.db_garantie gar on sousc.is_protocole=gar.is_protocole and gar.cd_garantie='DEDIE' 
    left join PSAEU11.db_ctrat_support ctrats on ctrats.is_garantie = gar.is_garantie and ctrats.is_dossier = sousc.is_dossier 
    left join PSAEU11.db_param_mandat_op mandaop on ctrats.is_param_mandat_op = mandaop.is_param_mandat_op  
    left join PSAEU11.db_rga rga on mandaop.is_rga=rga.is_rga ;
	quit;

Thank you for your help ! 

2 REPLIES 2
PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

This is where some SAS is interjected into SQL syntax for PROC SQL, namely the SAS dataset options.  Try this

replace this

/*...*/
from PSAEU11.db_dossier sousc (where sousc.cd_dossier = 'SOUSC' and sousc.lp_etat_doss not in ('ANNUL','A30','IMPAY') and sousc.no_police = 'I99300001') left join /*...*/

with this

/*...*/
from PSAEU11.db_dossier (where=(cd_dossier = 'SOUSC' and lp_etat_doss not in ('ANNUL','A30','IMPAY') and no_police = 'I99300001')) as sousc left join /*...*/

This little example works as well

proc sql;
   select cars.Make, cars.model
     from SASHELP.CARS(where=(Make="Audi")) as cars;
quit;
utrocketeng
Quartz | Level 8

give this a whirl...

proc  sql;
create table test as 
select rga.cd_rga,sousc.no_police 
from 
	(SELECT * FROM PSAEU11.db_dossier where cd_dossier = 'SOUSC' and lp_etat_doss not in ('ANNUL','A30','IMPAY') and no_police = 'I99300001') sousc
	left join PSAEU11.db_garantie gar on sousc.is_protocole=gar.is_protocole and gar.cd_garantie='DEDIE' 
    left join PSAEU11.db_ctrat_support ctrats on ctrats.is_garantie = gar.is_garantie and ctrats.is_dossier = sousc.is_dossier 
    left join PSAEU11.db_param_mandat_op mandaop on ctrats.is_param_mandat_op = mandaop.is_param_mandat_op  
    left join PSAEU11.db_rga rga on mandaop.is_rga=rga.is_rga 
;
quit;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation