BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
clpvigen
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to do a power analysis, but even when I copy and paste SAS's online example, I get the following error message:

2 proc power;
3 custom
------
ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order.
4 dist = chisquare
5 primnc = 0.23
6 testdf = 1
7 ntotal = 30
8 power = .;
9 run;

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

Am I missing a part of my system that allows me to use the custom statement? I am using SAS for Windows 9.4.

9 REPLIES 9
Reeza
Super User

What version of SAS/STAT do you have? It appears in at least 14.2+, not sure about prior versions

You can check with the following:

proc product_status;run;
ballardw
Super User

Custom is not an option in Proc Power for SAS/Stat 14.1 or earlier.

clpvigen
Calcite | Level 5

Are you on a different platform? I believe the latest for SAS for Windows is 9.4. Is custom not provided in Windows?

Reeza
Super User

Different modules have different version numbers. When you run the code I posted:

proc product_status;run;

It will post the version of SAS/STAT in your log. What version did it say was included?

Different items can be shipped as a customer may want to upgrade different portions for various reasons so 9.4 doesn't map to a specific version of SAS/STAT. You need to tell us what SAS/STAT version you have from running the code above and finding the value in the log besides SAS/STAT.

clpvigen
Calcite | Level 5

I have version 13.1. How would I go about upgrading that portion of my system?

ballardw
Super User

With an up-to-date license your SAS admin should be able to request SAS updates.

There may however be some system limitations as there is a chance that your 13.1 is on a 32bit computer and the latest versions of SAS are for 64bit operating systems.

Any way, check with your SAS admin about updates.

ballardw
Super User

SAS changed how they reference the module versions vs SAS releases a while back. SAS/9.4.4 has SAS/Stat 14.2.

The Proc Product_status indicates the versions of modules installed. For instance part of the result for my install:

For SAS/STAT ...
   Custom version information: 14.2
For SAS/GRAPH ...
   Custom version information: 9.4_M4
For High Performance Suite ...
   Custom version information: 2.2_M5

Different modules have different release sequences.

clpvigen
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks ballardw and reeza!

Reeza
Super User

Assuming non commercial usage, SAS UE or SAS Academics on Demand will have the latest version of SAS/STAT.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation