BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
radha009
Quartz | Level 8

i am trying to import CSV file from my local to SAS. The data includes in one of the column ' Description' with below long text with comma and special chars.

' The purpose of this application is to deliver a consistent and repeatable process that demonstrates maturity, comparable with  basis.
The capabilities will include: Training & exercise management, crisis management, keep business resiliency program artifacts up to date (such as risk assessments for availability, '

proc import datafile=C:\SAS\Report.csv" out=mydata dbms=CSV replace;
delimiter=',';
GUESSINGROWS=32767;

The import breaking the Description text into multiple cells and creating multiple rows for one row data. Please help me I am trying below options

1. Delete description column before import. I don;t use the Description column in my report

2. Trim Description text before import

Thank you

run;

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User
Save it as Excel and import it as Excel. Or you need to process the file first to remove line returns and even then they could include other things that make it really hard to read that line of text.

Tom answered this question on here earlier this week (yesterday I think), for another question with an import issue. You can find his answer on here.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation