BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi SAS Users,

While I try to export the output to sas7bdat type to a specific folder, with the code below, I face the double output problems

The code is

libname myfolder 'C:\Users\pnguyen\OneDrive - Massey University\PhD JOURNEY\3calculation';
 	proc copy in=work out=myfolder;
 		select argentina_sum;
 	 	run;
 	quit;

The output shows two identical output:

My97_0-1612325434122.png

I am wondering if there is any way that I can still export the output argentina_sum as above but it only shows 1 output argentina_sum in the output list?

Many thanks and warm regards!

Thank you for your help, have a fabulous and productive day! I am a novice today, but someday when I accumulate enough knowledge, I can help others in my capacity.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

In which user interface do you see the two entries?

Enterprise Guide Library list, SAS Studio Libraries, or the Explorer in Display Manager (Base SAS native interface)?

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Kurt_Bremser 

It is Enterprise Guide Library list.

Many thanks!

Thank you for your help, have a fabulous and productive day! I am a novice today, but someday when I accumulate enough knowledge, I can help others in my capacity.
Ksharp
Super User
Another one is a VIEW . Try just copy dataset.

proc copy in=work out=myfolder memtype=data ;
select argentina_sum;
run;
Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Ksharp 

When applying the addtional  code, the results still shows double results

libname myfolder 'C:\Users\pnguyen\OneDrive - Massey University\PhD JOURNEY\3calculation1';
 	proc copy in=work out=myfolder memtype=data;/*add code memtype=data*/
 		select Argentina_;
 	 	run;
 	quit;

My97_0-1612380715820.png

Many thanks and warm regards.

Ksharp
Super User
As Kurt point, check it postfix via OS command like : LS , DIR
Should show something like :

Argentina_.sas7bdat
Argentina_.sas7bview
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Actually, they should show

argentina_.sas7bdat
argentina_.sas7bview

as SAS file names are always lowercase on Windows and UNIX systems. If you find capital letters in such filenames, they are a cause for trouble.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation