BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mayasak
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I'm working on a complex data set which includes the % susceptibility, number of isolates tested for different bug drug combinations in different hospitals. So each hospital has the following:

mayasak_0-1638605710678.png

I ran my SAS coding and got the total numbers of isolates tested  and total number of susceptibles for each drug-bug combination in all the hospitals:

mayasak_4-1638606203297.png

My report should have the % susceptible for all hospitals in each drug-organism (bug) combinations as below:

mayasak_5-1638606514493.png

and:

mayasak_6-1638606706550.png

So is there a way to aggregate the data in one % susceptible for all hospitals in each drug-bug combination instead of having them the way I did?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

The good news is that there are several ways to do it : data step, proc report, proc tabulate, proc iml, ...

The bad news is :

that it is not possible to program against data in a picture.
Is it possible to provide (a sample of) the input data in a data step with datalines;?
Kind regards,
Koen

mayasak
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you Koen.

Here's a data step with datalines:

data Get;

length filename $150 hospital $150 drug_bug $500 drug $300 bug $300 OrganismName $300;
input filename $ hospital $ type $ drug_bug $ drug $ bug $ OrganismName $ isolates_hospital it ps psd isolate_hospital_n it_n ps_n ns_n psd_n nsd_n;
   datalines;
C:\Users\StMary_AB2020.xlsm StMary NM Amikacin-Ecoli Amikacin Ecoli Ecoli 54 54 96 4 54 54 0.96 52 0.04 2
C:\Users\Memorial_AB2020.xlsm Memorial NM Ampicillin_Strep Ampicillin Strep Strep 19 19 95 5 19 19 0.95 18 0.05 1
C:\Users\Medical_AB2020.xlsm Medical NM Toromycin_Enterobac Toromycin Enterobac Enterobac 195 190 88 5 195 190 0.92 175 0.05 10
;

run;

mayasak
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, I've posted the datalines and the code I used for the analysis. Just checking if you had the time to look at it!

Thank you

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

In your code below, you do all steps "by drug_bug;".

So then it is across hospitals, no?

How comes you think your aggregates are per hospital?

Thanks,

Koen

mayasak
Quartz | Level 8

When I run the code, I get the ps_n, it_n and ns_n for each hospital in a drug_bug combination and a total for all the hospitals' ps_n, it_n and ns_n. What I need is the % of ps_n for all hospitals and not the totals.

ballardw
Super User

If you show the code you used for "I ran my SAS coding and got the total numbers of isolates tested and total number of susceptibles for each drug-bug combination in all the hospitals:"

I might take a stab.

Hard to suggest code without variable names, characteristics or knowledge of the data set structure.

@mayasak wrote:

Hi,

I'm working on a complex data set which includes the % susceptibility, number of isolates tested for different bug drug combinations in different hospitals. So each hospital has the following:

mayasak_0-1638605710678.png

I ran my SAS coding and got the total numbers of isolates tested  and total number of susceptibles for each drug-bug combination in all the hospitals:

mayasak_4-1638606203297.png

My report should have the % susceptible for all hospitals in each drug-organism (bug) combinations as below:

mayasak_5-1638606514493.png

and:

mayasak_6-1638606706550.png

So is there a way to aggregate the data in one % susceptible for all hospitals in each drug-bug combination instead of having them the way I did?

Thank you

mayasak
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you.

Here's the code I ran.

data final_drugbug;
  set hou.Drugbug_combined_gn_2020;
  if ns_n='.' then delete;
  if ns_n =0 then delete;
  if it_n='.' then it_n=isolates_hospital_n;
run;

And here's the data step with datalines sample:

data Get;
length filename $150 hospital $150 drug_bug $500 drug $300 bug $300 OrganismName $300;
input filename $ hospital $ type $ drug_bug $ drug $ bug $ OrganismName $ isolates_hospital it ps psd isolate_hospital_n it_n ps_n ns_n psd_n nsd_n;
   datalines;
C:\Users\StMary_AB2020.xlsm StMary NM Amikacin-Ecoli Amikacin Ecoli Ecoli 54 54 96 4 54 54 0.96 52 0.04 2
C:\Users\Memorial_AB2020.xlsm Memorial NM Ampicillin_Strep Ampicillin Strep Strep 19 19 95 5 19 19 0.95 18 0.05 1
C:\Users\Medical_AB2020.xlsm Medical NM Toromycin_Enterobac Toromycin Enterobac Enterobac 195 190 88 5 195 190 0.92 175 0.05 10
;
run;

proc sort data= final_drugbug;
  by drug_bug;
run;
proc univariate data=final_drugbug;
  by drug_bug;
  var ps_n;
  histogram;
  output out=means mean=ps_mean std=ps_std;
run;

data MDRO_2020;
  merge final_drugbug means;
  by drug_bug;
run;

proc print data=MDRO_2020;
  by drug_bug;
  sum it_n ps_n ns_n;
  var hospital drug bug isolates_hospital_n it_n ps_n ns_n;
run;

proc print data=MDRO_2020 noobs;
  where abs(ps_n-ps_mean) > 2*ps_std ;
  by drug_bug;
  var hospital drug bug isolates_hospital_n it_n ps_n ns_n;
run;
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

OK.

What is still missing in the code you have specified above?

You already work with aggregates for each drug-organism across all hospitals which is what you were looking for.

So what is it you still miss?

Thanks,

Koen

mayasak
Quartz | Level 8

The code gives me aggregates for each drug_bug combination and Ps (percent susceptible) for each hospital within the drug_bug combination. For example, for each combination I got the percent susceptibility for each hospital. What I'm looking for is an aggregate percent susceptibility for all hospitals combined, if possible.

Thank you

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation