BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Gayle
Quartz | Level 8

i have a question about passthrough below is the code.  I connect successfully but then it is asking for credentials in a dialog box .  Why is that? does this code look correct?

proc sql noprint;
connect to teradata as exwp (username=&exwuser. password=&exwpass. tdpid=&ExWP_TDPID. mode=teradata fastload=yes);

execute(DROP TABLE work_05.CMIHistKygjtest)by teradata;
execute (create table work_05.CMIHistKygjtest as
(select MAX(baseid) as maxhistky
FROM
    (
    SELECT COALESCE(MAX(hist_ky), 0) AS baseid FROM work_05.UMD_E0_CHD_HISTORYgjtest
    UNION all
    SELECT COALESCE(MAX(hist_ky), 0) AS baseid FROM work_05.CHD_History_gjtestwae
    ) as foo
)
 WITH DATA NO PRIMARY INDEX) by teradata;
10 REPLIES 10
ballardw
Super User

Did you try an example of the code with no macro variables? That would be the first thing. If that works then check how you are creating the macro variables you are providing to make sure they look the same.

Or maybe just the wrong credentials provided.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @Gayle 
Can we have the log?
Typically the dialog box pops up if there is something wrong with userid or Password OR authorization.

Gayle
Quartz | Level 8
ok trying to redo it however , however i do not think there is an issue with the uid password that has been working
ballardw
Super User

@Gayle wrote:
ok trying to redo it however , however i do not think there is an issue with the uid password that has been working

This should have been mentioned previously. Code that works for a while and then behaves differently usually points to a change in something. Since the code didn't change then something else did. I would talk to your Teradata admin to see if they changed versions or had an "upgrade" recently. An upgrade or security "patch" may have changed the default behavior for credentials and may need to have some settings modified for running scripts.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Not sure why it is prompting you . 

But you can cut down on the number of times you need to sign-in by using a LIBREF to make the connection.

Then use the CONNECT USING statement to re-use the libref connection to submit your Teradata code.

libname exwp teradata username=&exwuser. password=&exwpass. 
  tdpid=&ExWP_TDPID. mode=teradata fastload=yes
;
proc sql noprint;
connect using exwp ;
execute(...) by exwp;
quit;
... Other SAS steps ...
proc sql noprint;
connect using exwp ;
select ... from connection to exwp (....);
quit;

Gayle
Quartz | Level 8
oh thank you , i should have used 'by exwp ' not by 'by teradata'
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Correct, so I suspect that has fixed your problem?

Gayle
Quartz | Level 8
will try it momentarily
Gayle
Quartz | Level 8
right now my session is hanging. Once it gets unhung i will retry
Dreggs
Calcite | Level 5

It's been a while since the last posting, but wanted to mention this has happened to me as well.

My solution was to wrap the password in quotes like below

password = "&exwpass."

Hope that helps. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation