BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HitmonTran
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I have a program with multiple proc reports and need to create one excel workbook that is concatenating all proc reports per subject per sheet.  I'm either able to output one sheet containing all subjects and all proc reports OR one sheet per subject with ONE proc report.  I believe my ods option (sheet_interval="NONE" & "sheet_name="&select_subj.") is interfering with each other. Thanks!

MACRO ptpf;

ods listing close;
      ods escapechar='^';
      ods excel options(sheet_interval="NONE") file="excel.xls";

%do i=1  %to &subj_n.;
		%let select_subj = %scan(&subj., &i., '#');  *Creating macro variables to select patients one by one;

options;
		ods excel options(sheet_name="&select_subj.") ;

/*****PROC REPORT******/ proc report data =a; run; proc report data =b; run; proc report data =c; run; %end;
ods excel close; %mend ptpf;

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Please rewrite this sentence fragment so that it makes sense:

concatenating all proc reports in one sheet per subject while having multiple sheet per subject.

"one sheet per subject" and "multiple sheet per subject" does not make sense.

If one of these is "one sheet per topic" and "multiple sheets per person" or similar then say so. But using the same word "subject" may be obscuring what you intend.

Best might be to manually create an example work book that demonstrates what you want.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@HitmonTran  - Here is a test program that I know works for doing multiple sheets in the same workbook. You should be able to run this yourself. You can then apply the same approach to your own code.

ods excel file = "Test1.xls";

ods excel options(sheet_interval="NONE" sheet_name="Males");

proc print data= sashelp.class;
  where sex = 'M';
run;

ods excel options(sheet_interval="NONE" sheet_name="Females");

proc print data= sashelp.class;
  where sex = 'F';
run;

ods excel close;

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation