BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
xxformat_com
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

It seems that the word 'week' is not translated into national language here.

Did I miss something?

*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;

options locale='FR_FR';

data _null_;
    _nldateyw = put(today(),nldateyw.);

put _nldateyw=;
run;

*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;

options locale='EN_US';

data _null_;

put _nldateyw=;
run;

options locale='DE_DE';

data _null_;

put _nldateyw=;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

This seems to be a quite recent problem, as it was reported for maintenance level 7.

The hotfix is already out, available here: https://support.sas.com/kb/68/184.html 

Have your SAS admins install the hotfix in your local SAS; it should be applied on On Demand soon because of my inquiry.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Something is seriously wrong here. I tried the example code from the NLDATEYWw. Format documentation, and it did not work either.

Open a track with SAS Technical Support.

After checking this obviously faulty behavior on SAS On Demand, I sent a mail to sasoda@sas.com.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

It does seem strange that it does not translate WEEK into other languages, but it does match the documentation where they show that selecting French produces Week in the results.

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vdmmlcdc/1.0/nlsref/n0duq9na9vbb7gn1akaa65cdts3m.htm

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

This is from the Viya documentation. But here's the example log from the 9.4 documentation:

+--- NLDATEYW min=5 default=16 max=200 ---+
 16     Semaine 14 2019
 5     *****
 8     S14 19
 32     Semaine 14 2019
Semaine 14 2019

The shortcomings of Viya seem to seep back into 9.4.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

This seems to be a quite recent problem, as it was reported for maintenance level 7.

The hotfix is already out, available here: https://support.sas.com/kb/68/184.html 

Have your SAS admins install the hotfix in your local SAS; it should be applied on On Demand soon because of my inquiry.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

The problem must be older. In our environment using 9.4m5 the problem exists, too.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@andreas_lds wrote:

The problem must be older. In our environment using 9.4m5 the problem exists, too.

Then nobody stumbled upon the issue before M7 was out. After all, it is a rarely used format.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation