BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
seanpmcclellan
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I'm trying to perform proc mi with FCS logistic statement and the link=glogit option. When I try to run the code, I get the below error message associated with link=glogit. It seems to not recognize the link option. Maybe I'm making a coding error somewhere?

proc mi data= fpgc_for_mi nimpute=1 out=fpgc_mi ;
class state_res_num state_tx_num;
var state_res_num state_tx_num;
fcs logistic(state_res_num=state_tx_num /link=glogit); 
run;

ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: ), CLASSEFFECT, CLASSEFFECTS, DESC, DESCENDING, DETAILS, K, ORDER,PCOV, PRIOR.
ERROR 202-322: The option or parameter is not recognized and will be ignored.

I'm using SAS enterprise guide 7.15 and the server is version 9.4. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @seanpmcclellan and welcome to the SAS Support Communities!

I don't think there's a coding error, but rather a too old version of SAS/STAT installed: The LINK= option was introduced in SAS/STAT 13.1 (corresponding to maintenance release SAS 9.4M1). You can write your SAS/STAT version and the maintenance release number to the log with PROC PRODUCT_STATUS:

proc product_status;
run;

Most likely you're on SAS/STAT 12.3, i.e., seven maintenance releases before the current SAS 9.4 release (9.4M7 with SAS/STAT 15.2).

So it's likely time for an upgrade: see Upgrading an Existing SAS 9.4 Deployment.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @seanpmcclellan and welcome to the SAS Support Communities!

I don't think there's a coding error, but rather a too old version of SAS/STAT installed: The LINK= option was introduced in SAS/STAT 13.1 (corresponding to maintenance release SAS 9.4M1). You can write your SAS/STAT version and the maintenance release number to the log with PROC PRODUCT_STATUS:

proc product_status;
run;

Most likely you're on SAS/STAT 12.3, i.e., seven maintenance releases before the current SAS 9.4 release (9.4M7 with SAS/STAT 15.2).

So it's likely time for an upgrade: see Upgrading an Existing SAS 9.4 Deployment.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation