BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kalbo
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a task.

Import all tabs of an excel workbook (xlsx) into SAS. Tabs can be called anything and number of tabs is variable.

I then need to read out all data sets to recreate the workbook as before, with tabs in their original order.

I have tried reading in excel files using libname statement with xlsx engine which reads them in ok, but does not enable the sheet order to be obtained. I tried using:

proc sql & dictionary.columns

sashelp.vtable

proc contents

but none of these methods help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ksharp
Super User

@Tom  could did it for you .The following code is from Tom which you could know the order of Sheet in a Excel file.

/*******************获得EXCEL中的Sheet名*******************/
filename _wbzip ZIP "c:\temp\file.xlsx" member='xl/workbook.xml';
data sheets ;
  infile _wbzip dsd dlm=' ' recfm=n ;
  sheetnum+1;
  input @'<sheet name=' sheetname :$32. @@;
run;

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Sure sounds like a task for an Operating System copy file. Why is SAS involved?

kalbo
Obsidian | Level 7

What we are doing is doing a validation check of data contained in the sheets. This validation output is exported along with the data sheets of the original file so that we can hyperlink the issues detected. Strange, I know.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Hmmm... if you re-write the data after validation then the data you create is no more really validated.

Would it be possible to just add a new sheet with the validation report to the existing Excel without "touching" the pre-existing data sheets?

What's the OS of your SAS Server? Unix/Linux or Windows?

Ksharp
Super User

@Tom  could did it for you .The following code is from Tom which you could know the order of Sheet in a Excel file.

/*******************获得EXCEL中的Sheet名*******************/
filename _wbzip ZIP "c:\temp\file.xlsx" member='xl/workbook.xml';
data sheets ;
  infile _wbzip dsd dlm=' ' recfm=n ;
  sheetnum+1;
  input @'<sheet name=' sheetname :$32. @@;
run;
kalbo
Obsidian | Level 7

Works great! thanks

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation