BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
VALLY
Fluorite | Level 6

am running the below code, however am getting this error message on the log..

%INCLUDE "&PATH./TRANSFORM_BRACC_CARD.sas";

Log:

ERROR 73-322: Expecting an ON.

ERROR 200-322: The symbol is not recognized and will be ignored.

8 REPLIES 8
maguiremq
SAS Super FREQ
You need to examine the original program that you're submitting with the %INCLUDE statement. It seems as though a PROC SQL query within that script doesn't have a JOIN condition. I would search the script for any PROC SQL queries, and look for those missing an ON or a WHERE statement that joins the two or more tables together.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Show us the entire log, please, in order, with nothing chopped out. It doesn't help us to see the ERROR message separated from the code that caused the ERROR as you have provided it.

Please format the log properly, so we can read it effectively. To do this, copy the log as text and paste it into the window that appears when you click on the </> icon — do not skip this step or we will just ask again for properly formatted log.

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User
Run it with the SOURCE2 option so the log indicates the error in the correct place and post only the code up to the first set of errors.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Please follow @Reeza's advice and use 

%INCLUDE "&PATH./TRANSFORM_BRACC_CARD.sas" /SOURCE2;

and then show us the properly formatted log, as requested earlier: "Please format the log properly, so we can read it effectively. To do this, copy the log as text and paste it into the window that appears when you click on the </> icon — do not skip this step or we will just ask again for properly formatted log."

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User

Are you sure you should be sharing this information publicly????

VALLY
Fluorite | Level 6
No, can you please delete this post, please
Reeza
Super User
I cannot delete your post - it's too much text and my browser keeps freezing. You should be able to click the three dots beside your previous post and delete it.
The answer is still the same anyways, add source2 run the full code and post up to the error in the log, hiding any proprietary information as needed. In general, never a good idea to dump your full log and code as you've done here. No offense, but very few people are going to slog through a log that size on a user supported forum.
If you need help still, I would advise you to work with SAS Tech Support instead.
Reeza
Super User

FYI - I've formatted your question. Please use the code blocks for code, not spoilers unless your code is really long and do not nest spoilers.

You need to show the actual code. You can add the SOURCE2 option in the %INCLUDE so that the full log is generated to help with debugging.

%INCLUDE "&PATH./TRANSFORM_BRACC_CARD.sas" /SOURCE2;

Doc reference:
https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vdmmlcdc/1.0/lestmtsref/p1s3uhhqtscz2sn1otiatbovfn1t.htm

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation