BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Vibcom
Fluorite | Level 6

I have learnt many string int functions, procedure,merging etc that we can use in Data Step and almost completed its problems in  SAS by Example. Next i learn the things with Proc SQL . Please anyone suggest me any good resource so i can practice more  and become more confident for SAS. because i need to complete the scenario based questions which can be beneficial for interviews also.

And if anyone has Little SAS problem book PDF, please share.

2 REPLIES 2
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

There are many books out there for learning SAS. I recommend  SAS® Certification Prep Guide: Advanced Programming for SAS®9, Fourth Edition which covers PROC SQL. See Table of contents and also sample before, so that you will get an idea.

Please stop asking for sharing PDF copies for books, they have copyrights and illegal to share. 

Thanks,
Suryakiran
Reeza
Super User

Don't ask for PDF versions of copyrighted material. It's illegal and disrespectful, several of the authors contribute regularly here and have spend hours working on those books and I can assure you they're not raking in the dollars from them either. The book is relatively inexpensive and many libraries have digital versions available.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Free-SAS-Learning-Resources/ta-p/425554

My suggestion is to look through the certification guide or the prep list for the certification guide. And then search for papers on that topic on lexjansen.com or search on here for that topic to see what issues people are having and how the solutions are coded. 

Base topics:

data step thoroughly:

SET

MERGE 

UPDATE

OUTPUT statement

ARRAYS

PROCS:

Proc means

proc freq

proc transpose

PROC SQL for joins

If you want real life practice, try answering questions on here without first looking at the answers. It's the best example of real life questions and situations with a lot of helpful answers. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation