BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
OttoOPM
Calcite | Level 5

i currently have a number of graphical reports produced using sas/mxg on z/os, using sgplot, and saved as pptx in hfs using ods powerpoint, then emailed from the mainframe to report recipients. this works well. i would like to enhance these reports by converting to html and adding data tips. i attempted simply to change the ods to html and the file suffix to .html, but the attached result does not seem to resolve as a self contained html file. imagemap=on but i have no options for tipmax= tip= tiplabel= or tipformat=. i have been looking around but cannot seem to find anyone doing this. html or html5 ??? nothing on z/os platform. i am on z/os 2.4 and sas 9.4m7. any direction on this would be appreciated. thanks!

1 REPLY 1
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

PPTX is really just a specially built ZIP file with a different extension. Because all the individual files (text, graphics, XML, etc) are all zipped into one file, you can easily email a PPTX file and have it work fine for the recipient. HTML files are not monolithic files. Consider this code:

ODS powerpoint file="s:/workshop/my_presentation.ppt";
ods powerpoint layout=twocontent; 
title1 "2-Column Layout";
proc means data=sashelp.cars mean nonobs;
   class Origin;
   var mpg_highway; 
run; 

ods graphics / imagename="histogram" imagefmt=png;
proc sgplot data=sashelp.cars;
  histogram mpg_highway;
  density mpg_highway;
  density mpg_highway / type=kernel;
  keylegend / location=inside position=topright ;
run;
ods powerpoint close; 

This produces what looks like a single file with a PPT extension, but inside it looks like this:

SASJedi_0-1651171329617.png

When you create HTML with graphics, each graphic is a separate file (.svg, .png, .jpg or the like) as is the main body file. That's why, when you attach the HTML file to an email, it's not complete when you view it. And why emailing HTML attachments generally isn't a good idea.  If you want a ubiquitous format that's easy to email and easy for the recipient to access but doesn't require Microsoft Office, you might consider PDF.

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation