BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bouz22
Calcite | Level 5

Hello all,

Importing sav files is giving me some issues, I think it might have to do with a recent upgrade to 64-bit Sas but I'm not sure. I tried finding a solution but only came across old posts and I haven't been able to solve it.

This is how I used to import the sav file in this program (upper import statement). Trying without the format specification (lowe import statement) gives me the same error. Any help would be great!

LIBNAME sps '.';

proc import
	file = "path_to_file"
	out = all_dr
	dbms = sav
	replace;
	FMTLIB=sps.FORMATS_SPSS;
run;

proc import
file = "path_to_file"
out = all_dr
dbms = sav
replace;
run;

This gives me the following error:

ERROR: File SPS.FORMATS_SPSS.CATALOG was created for a different operating system.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

In your current working directory of the SAS process, there is a formats_spss.sas7bcat file created with the earlier SAS version. Move it away, so that a new catalog file can be created.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

In your current working directory of the SAS process, there is a formats_spss.sas7bcat file created with the earlier SAS version. Move it away, so that a new catalog file can be created.

bouz22
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you so much for your very quick reply, this worked!

I had tried changing

LIBNAME sps '.';

to

LIBNAME sps_new '.';

as a possible solution but that didn't work, I guess that's not how it works...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation