BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Gab12
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello ,

I have two datasets say DS_A  and DS_B .

Both datasets contains 3 variables & 10 observations each.

I wish to export these datasets data to only one Excel file ( File_name : Sample.XLS, SheetName: Sheet1 )

I need to Export DS_A data to Sheet1 from A1:C10  cells and DS_B data to Same Sheet1 from A15:C25 cells .

thank you for proposing an efficient solution that would allow me to export these two tables without overwriting the first export
Thank you in advance for your help

3 REPLIES 3
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Why? Why would use make an XLS file in this day and age?  WHy would you put data from two different sources into one sheet of a spreadsheet?

If you want the two datasets as one then just combine them.

libname out xlsx 'sample.xlsx';
data out.sheet1;
  set ds_a ds_b;
run;

If you want to produce a report you can use the SHEET_INTERVAL=NONE option of ODS EXCEL

ods excel file='sample.xlsx'
  option( sheet_interval=none sheet_name='Sheet1')
;

proc print data=ds_a noobs;
run;
proc print data=ds_b noobs;
run;

ods excel close;
Gab12
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello thank you for your answer The two databases have different structure and data I want to export them in the two ranges indicated in my question on the same sheet the problem is that if we specify the ranges in PROC EXPORT it crase the other data that already exists in the sheet
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@Gab12 wrote:
Hello thank you for your answer The two databases have different structure and data I want to export them in the two ranges indicated in my question on the same sheet the problem is that if we specify the ranges in PROC EXPORT it crase the other data that already exists in the sheet

That is not how you export data to XLSX files.  Write the data to their own sheets.  If you want then copy it into specific places on another sheet to make a "pretty" report then use Excel's internal functionality.

Or just create the whole report using SAS and skip the Excel programming completely.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation