BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
walterwang
Obsidian | Level 7

I got an error message when I tried to connect Teradata

ERROR: Teradata connection: MTDP: EM_GSSINITFAIL(235): call to gss_init failed. .

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

google. got:

But I don't know where is "/usr/lib/lib_64" in my computer and how to libpath it.

To eliminate the error message and successfully connect to the Teradata
database, modify your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SHLIB_PATH or LIBPATH environment
variable to include the /usr/lib/lib_64 directory.  For example,

LIBPATH=/usr/lib/lib_64:$LIBPATH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The GSS_INIT gives away what is happening here. SAS attempts to authenticate you with Teradata using Kereberos (probably as part of the Integrated Windows Authentication). You will have contact your systems people or, if that's you, review your IWA/Kerberos setup. Several things may be happening here:

1) Your TGT has expired, is not there or lacks the Forwardable flag.

2) Your account in the Teradata authentication domain may be wrong or not there. Expect an outbound account like "youruserid@KRB5" with a dummy password in the user metadata / personal login manager.

3) Your account setup in TD may need attention. It's not there or not properly configured.

4) Something else. Kerberos never stops amazing me with new ways to get things wrong.

Each of these would require an entire page in the admin guides. Forgive me for not elaborating. We would also need more details about your infrastructure.

Think "Kerberos" and take it from there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The GSS_INIT gives away what is happening here. SAS attempts to authenticate you with Teradata using Kereberos (probably as part of the Integrated Windows Authentication). You will have contact your systems people or, if that's you, review your IWA/Kerberos setup. Several things may be happening here:

1) Your TGT has expired, is not there or lacks the Forwardable flag.

2) Your account in the Teradata authentication domain may be wrong or not there. Expect an outbound account like "youruserid@KRB5" with a dummy password in the user metadata / personal login manager.

3) Your account setup in TD may need attention. It's not there or not properly configured.

4) Something else. Kerberos never stops amazing me with new ways to get things wrong.

Each of these would require an entire page in the admin guides. Forgive me for not elaborating. We would also need more details about your infrastructure.

Think "Kerberos" and take it from there.

walterwang
Obsidian | Level 7

the issue is solved.

please find this document

Creating/Maintaining Login Credentials Through SAS Enterprise Guide

1. In SAS Enterprise Guide, select Tools à SAS Enterprise Guide Explorer
  2. From the Explorer Window, select File à Manage Logins…
  3. The Login Manager window will appear showing a list of Authentication Domains and the User Ids.
  4. To add new credentials, click the Add… button on the right-hand side.  To update an existing credential, select the appropriate one and click the Modify… button.  This will bring up the following dialog window –

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation