BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ronein
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello

I am running in SAS proc sql that is working on database from tera.

I am running a code and I am getting this error:

ERROR: Teradata row not delivered (trget): No more spool space in udkdw02.

What does it mean?>

What should I do to solve it?

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

You don't describe how you are connecting to Teradata so this sort of a generic comment.

Look up the SPOOL= option for Libname connecting to relation data bases for a description of what spooling means, and the warning about turning it off for Teradata.

Likely your spool space isn't large enough for what ever you connected to. I found a note in the documentation under Teradata Processing Tips for SAS Users that possibly setting the OBS option can reduce the space used. Which points to "See the SAMPLE clause in your Teradata documentation for more information."

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Check exactly what query you are trying to run.  That typically means whatever Teradata query you tried to run overwhelmed the system.

Back when I used Teradata it was usually caused be not using the right PRIMARY INDEX variable for a table.  That can lead to unbalanced loading such that all of the data is allocated to just one or a few of the compute nodes.  So even though the system has lots of spool space that node ran out of the space allocated for it to use.

So make sure to define your Teradata tables using a PRIMARY INDEX variable(s) that evenly allocates the data to the nodes.  Or look into use a NOPI or No Primary Index table.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation