BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9

How can assign a library that is on a 9.4 server in sas viya? 

At the moment it seems I can either

• Do a point and click import from Manage Data
  • Upload the data from sas studio on 9.4. using proc casutil

But none of the above lets me upload data from Viya to CAS in a SAS program, which is what I need. I want to set up a schedules program in Viya that uploads a dataset from a 9.4 libname on another server to CAS. E.g. the code that actually runs in the background when I upload the data from Manage Data.

Trying to assign the libname as normal does not work, I get a message saying the library does not exist.

libname nine4 "//someserver/somefolder"
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

This

//someserver/somefolder

is not a valid unix path (or Windows path for that matter).

You might want to try 

"smb://someserver/somefolder"

Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9
Well, the code\path works on in sas studio 9.4, for a folder on a windows server (no :// ) .
I guess what I am really wondering is what is the code equivalent to point and click data import of "local" files. And by "local" I mean files on another server.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Ullsokk  - If your Viya server runs on linux (most common) and you are pointing to a Windows SAS 4 library it isn't likely to work because of OS differences and / or the linux server not having a folder share with your Windows server.

BTW @ChrisNZ is correct. On Windows your path should be specified with back slashes: \\MyServer\MyFolder.

Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9
Backslashes work, as do slashes, probably due to language settings (Norwegian). In any case, now see that the linux server needs to have a folder share for the libname-approach to work
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

The samba protocol is what's used in linux to reference UNC paths. Of course, feel free to ask questions and disregard answers. 🙂

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation