BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
paudauan_level_
Calcite | Level 5

Bom dia!

Pessoal, estou usando o SAS enterprise Guide, criando um program para pegar varios arquivos de excel presente em uma pasta. utilizei o seguinte codigo:

%let caminho = C:\Users\roogomes\Desktop\SAS;
filename dir "%caminho.";
data arquivo;
 fid =  dopen("dir");
if fid > 0 then do;
     contagem = dnum(fid);
      do i = 1 to contagem;
              nome_arquivo = dread(fid, i);
              output;
      end;
end;
run;

O codigo roda sem erros porem retorna uma tabela vazia. testei com outras pasta e acontece a mesma coisa.  alguem sabe o motivo?
8 REPLIES 8
donricardo
SAS Employee

I'll try a few other ideas, but one obvious thing is:   change the FILENAME statement to   Filename dir "&caminho"

your code thinks you're calling a macro definition named caminho, instead of just resolving a macro variable.  See if that gets it going.

paudauan_level_
Calcite | Level 5

hello, @donricardo 

I did but it didn't work.

donricardo
SAS Employee

Hi Paudahuan:

I did just test this code and it works perfectly and it will return a list of all files in a given directory, to your log.  here are your steps:

1) submit the macro definition (every line from %macro to %mend

2) When you call the macro definition, in the parenthesis, write the name of the folder containing the .xls and .xlsx files, something like this:   %find_excel(S:\Workshop)

3) Go to your log and observe the list of Excel workbooks; it will look something like this:  

S:\Workshop\custfm.xls
S:\Workshop\custfm.xlsx
S:\Workshop\daily_sales.xls
S:\Workshop\junk.xlsx
S:\Workshop\junk1.xlsx
S:\Workshop\sales.xlsx

4) Depending on how many you have, you can manually import them into SAS using PROC IMPORT.   

5) Alternatively, you could write a libname statement, and use the Data step to read, combine, etc. selected workbooks, something like this:

libname exfile xlsx ("s:\workshop\custfm.xlsx","s:\workshop\junk.xlsx");

I realize this code may be new to you, but at least give it a try, see your results.

donricardo
SAS Employee

Aqui esta otra opcion ... parece que no necisita un archivo de SAS, vamos a probar un macro, que hace casi el mismo.   Esta macro debe escribir todos los XLS y XLSX archivos a tu SAS log.

%macro find_excel(dir) / minoperator;

%local fileref rc did n memname didc;

%let rc=%sysfunc(filename(fileref,&dir));

%let did=%sysfunc(dopen(&fileref));

%if &did=0 %then

%do;

%put ERROR:  Archivo %upcase(&dir) no existe;

%return;

%end;

%do n=1 %to %sysfunc(dnum(&did));

%let memname=%sysfunc(dread(&did,&n));

%if %upcase(%scan(&memname,-1,.)) in XLS XLSX

%then %put &dir\&memname;  /*esta se escriba un lista en el log de sus                                                                                         archivos   que termina en XLS o XLSX*/

%end;

%let didc=%sysfunc(dclose(&did));

%let rc=%sysfunc(filename(fileref));

%mend find_excel;

/*ahora, llama esta macro con el parameter que contiene tus archivos!!*/

%find_excel(c:\mi carpeta cualquiere nombre)  /*no punto y comma para terminarlo*/

paudauan_level_
Calcite | Level 5

i don't understand very well. I am trying to make a program,  because i need to join to several  excel file and form a table. where do i put this  code ?

paudauan_level_
Calcite | Level 5

the code says that the file does not exist.

What should I do ?

should I check with IT support to better understand what happened?

donricardo
SAS Employee

It's hard for me to say without looking at your log.   The code i wrote for you will generate an error note if the file you're searching for does not exist;  so the error message would be expected.   Try it with an Excel file that you KNOW for sure exists.   let me know!

paudauan_level_
Calcite | Level 5

hello!
I'm sure the file exists. I will send you some prints.
The code that I sent in my initial question, could you tell me why it doesn't show the files in the folder that I specify in the path?

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation