BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Liliya95
Fluorite | Level 6
It is possible to skip foreign keys when requesting.
There is a table in which you want to write data. This table has a primary and foreign keys. The table entry is made from a temporary table. but an error occurs because there are no foreign keys in the temporary table. How can I solve this problem?

CREATE TABLE "MAIN"."TABLE_FOR_TEST2" 
   (	"ONE" VARCHAR2(20 BYTE), 
	"TWO" VARCHAR2(20 BYTE), 
	 CONSTRAINT "PRIMARY" PRIMARY KEY ("TWO")
  USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 COMPUTE STATISTICS 
  STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 NEXT 1048576 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645
  PCTINCREASE 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1
  BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT FLASH_CACHE DEFAULT CELL_FLASH_CACHE DEFAULT)
  TABLESPACE "U"  ENABLE
   ) SEGMENT CREATION IMMEDIATE 
  PCTFREE 10 PCTUSED 40 INITRANS 1 MAXTRANS 255 
 NOCOMPRESS LOGGING
  STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 NEXT 1048576 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645
  PCTINCREASE 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1
  BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT FLASH_CACHE DEFAULT CELL_FLASH_CACHE DEFAULT)
  TABLESPACE "U" ;
%macro test;
%macro dummy; %mend dummy;
data test(keep=ONE TWO);
		length ONE $20 TWO $20;
		ONE="wdq";
		TWO="dadf";
run;

proc sql noprint;
							create table test2(ONE char(20), TWO char(20), constraint prim primary key(TWO)); 							insert into test2 select * from test;
quit;

proc append base MAIN.TABLE_FOR_TEST2  data=test2 nowarn force ; quit;
5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Why do you need foreign keys? It would be better to upload your SAS data to a staging table in the database first which doesn't have constraints or indexes. Then load from the staging table using passthru SQL designed to handle constraints.

Liliya95
Fluorite | Level 6
Foreign key is specified in the table when it is created. and I can not delete it. but the data in the table must be written. I try use insert, but have error
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Your data has to meet the integrity constraints defined for that table. Consult your DBA people, they should be able to help you make your data compatible.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Not sure if I follow you here.
FK in a target tables doesn't relate to keys in a source table. It relates to a PK in another (hopefully) permanent table.
Data never sleeps
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When a target table has constraints set, new data added to the table has to meet those constraints. That is the purpose of constraints and integrity rules.

I have never seen the necessity to have integrity rules on data warehouse tables. In fact, they would only get in the way.

If this is not a production database table, have the constraints/IR removed. Otherwise you have to prepare your data so that it meets the IR

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation