BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ismahero1
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am using XML Mapper engine xmlv2.  I am using a map to load 2 or more XML files.  I would like to modify the map to have the file name as one of the variables.  Any knows how can I get the filenames as part of the variables in my dataset?

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

This is unclear. Please give an example of want you want.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Are you asking if there is a way in your map file to specify that when you use it to convert an XML file to a SAS dataset that the name of the XML being converted? I would be very surprised if that is possible as why would the map file know anything about the source of the file that it is being used to parse?

You could do that in separate logic.  Let's setup an example by creating an XML file.

libname out xmlv2 'c:\downloads\class1.xml';
data out.class; set sashelp.class; run;
libname out clear;

Now let's read that back into a SAS dataset and use the PATHNAME() function to find the path that the libref being used.

libname in xmlv2 'c:\downloads\class1.xml';
data class;
  set in.class ;
  filename=pathname('in');
run;

Results:

Obs    Name            Sex         Age      Height      Weight           filename

1    Alfred            M          14          69       112.5    c:\downloads\class1.xml
  2    Alice             F          13        56.5          84    c:\downloads\class1.xml
  3    Barbara           F          13        65.3          98    c:\downloads\class1.xml
  4    Carol             F          14        62.8       102.5    c:\downloads\class1.xml
  5    Henry             M          14        63.5       102.5    c:\downloads\class1.xml
  6    James             M          12        57.3          83    c:\downloads\class1.xml
  7    Jane              F          12        59.8        84.5    c:\downloads\class1.xml
  8    Janet             F          15        62.5       112.5    c:\downloads\class1.xml
  9    Jeffrey           M          13        62.5          84    c:\downloads\class1.xml
 10    John              M          12          59        99.5    c:\downloads\class1.xml
 11    Joyce             F          11        51.3        50.5    c:\downloads\class1.xml
 12    Judy              F          14        64.3          90    c:\downloads\class1.xml
 13    Louise            F          12        56.3          77    c:\downloads\class1.xml
 14    Mary              F          15        66.5         112    c:\downloads\class1.xml
 15    Philip            M          16          72         150    c:\downloads\class1.xml
 16    Robert            M          12        64.8         128    c:\downloads\class1.xml
 17    Ronald            M          15          67         133    c:\downloads\class1.xml
 18    Thomas            M          11        57.5          85    c:\downloads\class1.xml
 19    William           M          15        66.5         112    c:\downloads\class1.xml

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation