BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, I have to create data in a sepcific form in Excel. I need blank rows and blank columns to conform with some Excel Macros that are using the data. I can easily create the structure, but when I'm outputting the data I get missing represented as . instead of balnk as the macro need.

I'm pretty certain that I seen some tips on this before but can't find them now. 

Can somebody please point me in the right direction

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks a million Kurt, i knew there was an option but colud not find i. Searched for printmiss. 

I created the excel file as below. (Lot's of code above the get the data in the right way.  The challenge here was the spacer column. That could have been solved by creating the data with space culmn as a char column. However I also need blank lines to fit a format, and then the '.' representation would create havoc. Again thanks a lot

PaalNavestad_0-1642057494924.png

proc sort data = work.struct_withNbrsSum_trsp;
	by group shipper_id;
run;
options missing=" ";
ods excel file = '/shared/winshare/teams_no/SAS_General/subsurface/prod/GGRE_OUT/STFMonthlyShipper/testxlsx.xlsx' 
	 options(sheet_interval="bygroup"
           suppress_bylines="yes"
           sheet_label=" "
           embedded_titles="yes"
           embed_titles_once="yes" 
           );

proc print data=work.struct_withNbrsSum_trsp ;
	by group;

run;

ods excel close;
japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
try use " options missing=''; "
PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks a lot I had already gotten the tip and it works. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation