BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SasStatistics
Pyrite | Level 9

From Wikipedia we have the following SAS versions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAS_(software)#Recent_history 

SasStatistics_0-1640790067941.png

Now I would like to do something that requires: "SAS 9.4 or higher. SAS Viya 3.1 or higher is also supported."

When I run the following in Viya: 

proc setinit;

I get the answer: Current version: V.03.05M0P111119 

When I run the same command in "ordinary" SAS (not Viya) i get the answer: Current version: 9.04.01M5P091317

So my question is: 
Is 9.04.01M5P091317 higher than SAS 9.4
or

is V.03.05M0P111119  higher than SAS Viya 3.1? 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

Your version is SAS 9.4M5 which is 9.4 or higher.

SasStatistics
Pyrite | Level 9

So I can use saspy package, please see yellow-marked section of picture below: 

SasStatistics_0-1640795454911.png

Link: https://sassoftware.github.io/saspy/ 

And @Reeza, how do you know that I have version 9.4? Really weird that it writes 9.04? Any official documentation? 

My Viya version is 3.5, correct?

Reeza
Super User

No idea about your Viya version. 

And that's the detailed SAS version in the log. If you use product_status it shows it the way you expect to see it. 

If you have a Viya version you should have a SAS administrator though, why not ask them?

If you're using On Demand there are instructions on how to set up SASpy on the launch screen. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Agree that your Viya version is 3.5.

Please note that if you are using a server version of SAS, that will require a SAS administrator to do the installation and configuration if it hasn't been done already.

AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

For Viya 3.5 I would assume your equivalent SAS 9 version is m7.  

Here are the previous mappings:  https://communities.sas.com/t5/Developers/SPRE-gt-SAS-9-4M/m-p/586671#M496

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation