BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tisbam
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

(disclaimer i had no SAS programming background a few months ago)

We are seeing a lot of movement on Viya side with Git integration, Studio V, and so on, yet I still find SAS programming to be a pain.

If I code with Enterprise Guide, I can only put my source files on server filesystem, which makes scheduling, and running code a bit more complex.

I can also code locally and run my file but then i cannot use any include since those won't be on the server.

Git is great, but I basically have the same issues as for running it locally.

For now i put in place a job to clone the git repository I work with on the Viya server, a macro set to the root of this clone in the autoexec to be able to reference relative path... I still cannot use Git branch at all with this setup...

I do feel like Studio V should be the way to go, cloning a remote repository in my home folder. But still got the issue of relative path (even more than before)...

Rambling done, looking forward to see how you people make it works 🙂

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

I can certainly empathize with the issues you are describing; I've experienced them too.

I have a preference for Enterprise Guide.  I often create a Copy Task as part of my EG process flow.  The Copy Task executes before the first module of SAS code.  In this way, I always have the latest code available on the server, both full programs and also Includes.

jimbarbour_0-1600552814263.png

I hope that is of some assistance,

Jim

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation