BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nd
Obsidian | Level 7 nd
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there a way to configure SAS so that my HTML output are in several tabs within one IE window instead of separate windows? I have SAS 9.4 TS Level 1M4. 

7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

You would have to share considerable details of how you are creating the HTML output to have much chance of doing this I believe.

Mostly you are likely dealing with IE settings, not your SAS output code, plus exactly how you open the results in IE or any other browser.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You can output several HTML files, which then can be opened in several IE tabs, like this:

ods html file="one.html";
proc whatever;
run;
ods html close;
ods html file="two.html";
proc whatever;
run;
ods html close;
ods html file="three.html";
/* and so on */

This requires you to actually open each HTML file into IE, not sure if that's what you are asking for.

--
Paige Miller
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

The behavior you're seeing may have more to do with IE than it does with SAS.  In my IE, different HTML results from SAS go into tabs not separate IE windows. 

Which SAS interface are you using?  How are you opening IE?  

Jim

nd
Obsidian | Level 7 nd
Obsidian | Level 7

To clarify, I've set up SAS to view results by creating an HTML file as follows:  Tools>Options>Preferences>Create HTML checked, View results using: Internet Explorer. 

IE is also configured to open new tabs in the same window. 

I'm running a macro with several proc freqs and a proc report and I want the output to appear as several tabs in one window. Currently each result is opening in a separate window. Thanks all. 

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

Is Internet Explorer your only option?  Do you have Edge, Chrome, or Firefox available?  Internet Explorer is quite out of date and is probably not what you want to be using.

Which SAS interface are you using?  Display Manger?  SAS studio?  It doesn't sound like you're using Enterprise Guide from what you're describing.

Jim

nd
Obsidian | Level 7 nd
Obsidian | Level 7

Jim, 

I also have Edge and Chrome, however SAS only gives the option of IE or Firefox under the View results using drop down. I'm using SAS 9.4. 

ND

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

That's odd.

Well, I would try Firefox.  The result may be the same, but it's worth a try.

Jim

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation