BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jose6
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi experts,

when i assign a library in SAS environment EG, there's no problem using this syntax :

libname NAMEXXX SYBASEIQ DATABASE=PRODT SERVER=XXPROD PORT=9999 HOST=XXXPROD SCHEMA=DBO
USER=XXXXXXX07 PASSWORD=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ;

But when i try to use it in linux invironment (executing a sas program from linux) example:

[user@promt]$ /sas94/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/sasexe/sas /sasxxx/temp/L1.sas 

I get this error :

ERROR: Could not load /sas94/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/sasexe/sassiq (33 images loaded)
ERROR: libdbodbc16.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
1 libname NAMEXXX SYBASEIQ DATABASE=PRODT SERVER=XXXXX_PROD PORT=9999 HOST=XXXXXXPROD SCHEMA=DBO
1 ! USER=XXXXXXX07 PASSWORD=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ;
ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to SAPIQ cannot be loaded. The SASSIQ code appendage could not be loaded.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.

This only happens when the library has a conections with the database sybaseiq.

when i assign a library like this libname namelib base "/sasxxx/folder";  it works fine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jose6
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Guys i got this solution:

To work-around this error you can create a soft link in the same directory as the libdbodbc16.so file.

ln -s libdbodbc16.so libdbodbc12.so

should result in :

libdbodbc12.so -> ./libdbodbc16.so

and then the Sybase IQ should work as expected.

And don´t forget to check the library path !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Looks like the SYBASEIQ engine is not properly installed on that version of SAS.

Check with your local support team.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Since you running metadata-enabled SAS servers - you have to be to be using EG - I would expect that you would run SAS batch jobs from your configured SAS batch server directory to ensure you pick up the correct SAS configurations. In Windows it looks like this:

\SAS\Config\Lev1\SASApp\BatchServer\sasbatch.bat

But it is probably something similar on linux with forward slashes.  

Jose6
Obsidian | Level 7

Thks Guys, i guess the problem is refer to :

This is caused by the Linux loader not loading a dependency of the major version number that differs from the version number at load time.

To work around this issue, use Sybase IQ version 15.4.

Jose6
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Guys i got this solution:

To work-around this error you can create a soft link in the same directory as the libdbodbc16.so file.

ln -s libdbodbc16.so libdbodbc12.so

should result in :

libdbodbc12.so -> ./libdbodbc16.so

and then the Sybase IQ should work as expected.

And don´t forget to check the library path !

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation