BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
whs278
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I would like to use code to suppress HTML output while keep the LISTING output.

I tried running ODS HTML CLOSE; ODS LISTING;

However, I still get an html output along with the listing output. 

Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,

William Spagnola

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
9 REPLIES 9
ballardw
Super User

Try

ods _all_ close;

ods listing;

Reeza
Super User

Are you using EG, BASE or Studio? You may have options set elsewhere that may override your ODS settings.

whs278
Quartz | Level 8

I'm using EG.

I noticed that ODS _ALL CLOSE; ODS LISTING; works for the first output I produce but HTML is produced for all subsequent output.  

Reeza
Super User

Tools > Options > General Results. Ensure HTML is not selected and Listing is selected.

whs278
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks for the tip, Reeza.

Is there a way to do this using code?

For example, I have a project with several programs. Some of them produce tables and others produce graphs such as histograms.

I was wondering if there was a way to run code that would only produce HTML output for the programs that produce graphs and only produce LISTING output for the programs that produce tables.
ballardw
Super User

Not really sure what the advantage of having two types of output would be.

If I don't like the tables HTML creates, and I can understand several reasons, I would use RTF or PDF output to have "nicer" tables but still have graphics output in the same document.

Reeza
Super User

EG adds wrapper code that will likely overwrite what you have included. You'll first need to include it in ALL your programs to ensure your output is as desired. EG settings apply to the whole project so changing your default settings seems like the easiest method IMO. 

TBH this is a slightly weird request, why not just output everything to the same output, PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint, HTML and control your styles to get what you need?

whs278
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks.

Yeah, I admit that it is probably not a typical request and will probably not make much sense, even if I try to explain it.  

Anyway, here is my explanation.  I actually don't want to create an output file.  I just want to have a file that I can quickly reference located in the Process Flow window.  I guess it would make sense to follow ballard's advice and use only one output that allows graphics instead of using ODS listing plus ODS html.  However, there is a few reasons why I would like to use ODS listing plus another output that supports graphs.  First, I find the table formats created by ODS listing to be more visually appealing. Second, using two different formats will help me remember which programs do what in a given EGP.  

Reeza
Super User
Have you changed the style from HTMLBLUE? Honestly, styling/design is still one area where the default graphics really suck in SAS. I prefer using Meadow or Seaside or Journal if you prefer a more skeleton look.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 3 in conversation