BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi Experts, 

Here I have a question on how to use the annotation dataset with function='SYMBOL' to display triangle with black color filled. I want to use this annotated dataset in proc SGRENDER with proc template. But I cannot see the symbol plotted in the graph at all. Your inputs are highly appreciated on where I am going wrong. 

DATA anno;
ATTRIB FUNCTION LENGTH = $20;
FUNCTION = "SYMBOL";
text='TRIANGLE';
style='marker';
X1 = 6;
Y1 = 187;
position='3';
anchor='';
size=3;
color='black';
OUTPUT;
RUN;

in the proc template after the overlay i used the annotate statement as well

proc sgrender data=want template=plot sganno=anno;
run;
Thanks,
Jag
3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Did the log show anything odd?

You may have to share 1) the SGrender code, 2) the template definition and 3) some example data to plot.

himself
Pyrite | Level 9
Good question last time I checked on this, SAS provides only provides Arrow, image, line ,oval, polycont,ploygon,rectangle, text and textcont function, SAS did not have Symbol function. Would suggest yusing symbolchar statement, combined with attrmap
ballardw
Super User

@himself wrote:
Good question last time I checked on this, SAS provides only provides Arrow, image, line ,oval, polycont,ploygon,rectangle, text and textcont function, SAS did not have Symbol function. Would suggest yusing symbolchar statement, combined with attrmap

Hasn't changed from the documentation at https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.4/grstatgraph/n08al3evnkckrjn1hi3p8cw3vfw5.htm

What I suspect has happened is that @Jagadishkatam has found the documentation for SAS/Graph, the device based graphics system annotation, which does have a Symbol function, and is attempting to use the incompatible instructions with the SGanno annotate facility.

Text with the correct font/character set may work

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation