BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I wouldn't just dismiss the certificate error the browser gave you. If the SSL certificate is a problem for your browser, it may well also a problem for the connections SAS apps and clients make on your behalf to the mid-tier. What was the message your browser presented when it complained about the SSL certificate? Was it related to trust? Did you have to install your CA certificate as trusted for your browser? If the certificate is self-signed or signed by an intermediate CA then it will need to be installed in all the appropriate key stores. I would suggest methodically checking the various components involved. There are some standard Java SSL related system properties you can set for troubleshooting what is going on.

If you haven't seen it yet, have a read of the the Using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for Web Applications section of SAS(R) 9.2 Intelligence Platform: Web Application Administration Guide, Fourth Edition

For the HTTP 500 error you are getting I'd look in the WebLogic server logs for more information.

BTW This looks like the same question as

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

below is the error I got when I entered a url in the IE browser

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. 

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website. 

Click here to close this webpage. 

Continue to this website (not recommended). 

More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clicked on Continue to this website (not recommended).

Clicked on Certificate error on right handside on the browser bar

Then Clicked on view certificates

pop up window with name "certificate" appeared

Then clicked on Install certificate

It took me to next page Welcome to the Certificate Import wizard

It gave 2 below options to select

1)Automtaically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate

-->Certificare stored selected    Automaticall determined by the wizard

-->Content                       Certificate

2)Place all certificate in the following store

-->Clicked browse and selected Trusted Root certification Authorities

I installed the certificate and now it is giving a different error which I shared you in previous note.

The SSL certificate has not expired and it has not been renewed recently.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Whilst you have asked your browser to ignore the certificate error, other people in your organization, and other software components, may run into this issue too, since the CA for your certificate may not be in their trusted CAs list. Since your certificate was not issued by a well known trusted CA you will most likely need to verify the custom/intermediate CA cert is installed in all the appropriate locations (and take steps to install it if required).

Is it a self-signed cert, one signed by an internal corporate CA, or one that was signed by an intermediate CA of a well known certificate provider?

In the meantime, have you looked in your WebLogic logs to find the root cause of the HTTP 500 error? Is it also a certificate trust issue or some other problem?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

One problem I had came from a too large time difference between the server and the client, but I rather don't think that is behind your problem. Looks like a case for SAS TS.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation