BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pabloh2000
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I'm loading data from MySQL (utf-8), then making some transformations in DI 4.9 and after that I'm trying to insert the result in Postgres (utf-8).

The problem is with some spanish characters (á, ñ, Ñ, etc.). If I try to insert directly, it shows an error. So I'm using this: putc(char_field, "$UTF8XE250.").

This function solves the error, but some characters are not properly managed: for example, I can't see the "Ñ" character in Postgres table (it shows some weird stuff).

So, what should I do? Maybe some other mask with putc()? Maybe trying to keep all "internal" tables working with utf-8 (since source and destination uses that encoding)?

Please help!

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User
What session encoding is the SAS session that is running DI using? You probably need to be using UTF-8.
pabloh2000
Calcite | Level 5
How can I check that from Data Integration IDE?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation