BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
FrustratedBio
Calcite | Level 5

Data Florida;
set work.projectdat;
if State_Province_Of_Loss= 'FL';
/*if Recordable='Yes';*/
run;

Hello, is anone else having issues with the new SAS stuff. I reuploaded my codebook and related files but for some reason my code isn't working like it did before. The if statement in particular. I can see the variable in the uploaded data but when I try to perform this action it doesn't work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Go to your autoexec. Add this line of code, save the file and then restart & re-run everything.
Or put it at the top of your program to try it first.

options validvarname=v7;

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
FrustratedBio
Calcite | Level 5
The varible name in excel is State/Province of Loss.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The first NOTE tells you that the variable is not present in the dataset. If you work with VALIDVARNAME=ANY, the import will keep the original name, which means you have to use a name literal:

'State/Province of Loss'n

FrustratedBio
Calcite | Level 5
this is the problem. A variable name that used to work before their update, now when ran produces no data. Makes no sense. I can get the data uploaded but can't manipulate it.
Reeza
Super User
What does your log show? What happens if you run a proc contents on your input data set?

Did you re-setup any autoexec that you may have set in SAS UE? Such as options validvarname?
FrustratedBio
Calcite | Level 5
The proc contents step runs as normal. Same number of observations, same everything. I'm having problems with variables name "X"_"X"....which until the update was the way I believed I was supposed to format multi-word variable names. Like I said, it worked perfectly before the update.
Reeza
Super User
Go to your autoexec. Add this line of code, save the file and then restart & re-run everything.
Or put it at the top of your program to try it first.

options validvarname=v7;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation