BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jessalex
Calcite | Level 5

I'm currently working on a project that requires complex data analysis. I'm having trouble with PROC SQL and joining multiple tables. Are there any tips or resources that can help me streamline this process? Your insights would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Show us information about the table structures.

Describe how you need to join them., which variables are needed in the result.

Describe the relationships with regards to the key variables (1:1, 1:many, many:many).

Show your current code.

Ideally, provide examples for your datasets in working DATA steps with DATALINES.

ballardw
Super User

May depend on WHY you are joining. If the reason is to get one value based on another single value, such as looking up an account number to match to a name it may be that a FORMAT is an approach,  using one or more of the sets to create formats and then you may not need the join at all as use of the format at report time will do the "join".

Details count in programming in general.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Not sure what you mean by streamline the process.

If you aren't how to go about it, the best IMO is to hook up with somene experinced in similar activities.

Crazy idea, you could try to describe your problem to ChatGPT or similar AI, that could you started at least :-)?

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation