BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
royal2
Calcite | Level 5

Hello I am having trouble with the first part of my assignment. I have attached the directions below:

The first line of your program should be a LIBNAME statement. This will grant you access to the library that contains the Kaiser Permanente dataset (called “old”).

libname mydata "/courses/u_nu.edu1/i_1229299/c_8600" access=readonly;

Create a PROC CONTENTS in order to see the names and types of variables contained in this dataset as well as the labels for each variable. To do this, type:

PROC CONTENTS DATA = mydata.old;

RUN;

I know how to type in the proc contents but the lib statement; I am having diffilculty and I do not know what I am doing wrong. Thank you to anyone that can get me passed the first step.

I am using SAS on demand Academics. If this is the wrong board I apologize.

Ryanne

3 REPLIES 3
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Please post the text from the SAS log showing any errors you have received.  Remember to use the Insert Code icon {i} to get a pop-up window to paste the lines so that spacing is preserved.

Note that unix filenames are case sensitive so make sure the path in the Libname statement matches exactly the location where the datasets are stored.

Reeza
Super User
If you're using SAS AoD then the file path will be different. Find the folder you need in the Servers Files and Folders pane and then right click it and select properties. That will have the path you need for the libname statement.
royal2
Calcite | Level 5

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 6.08.22 PM-2.pngThis is all im seeing. Am I missing something?

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation