BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
victhor
Fluorite | Level 6

I recently got a new computer and I had to set up a new ODBC connection to SQL server so I can do sql queries in SAS.  The ODBC connection has been configured, tested and is working. However, I am getting the following message every time I try a program.

ERROR: The TXEVER engine cannot be found.
ERROR: A Connection to the TxEVER DBMS is not currently supported, or is not installed at your site.

I haven't changed anything in the query or connection string (see below).  Any suggestions?

%let username = vfarinelli514 ;
%let passwrd = XXXXXXX ;

proc sql ;
connect to odbc as TxEVER (datasrc=TxEVER user=&username password= &passwrd );
create table work.testtable as
select * from connection to TxEVER
(Select * from [database]); 

quit;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you set up the TxEVER data source in the Windows ODBC administrator? 

Note if you are using 64-bit SAS then a 64-bit ODBC driver and data source needs to be defined. Alternatively you define a DSN-less connection in SAS pointing at the ODBC driver you want to use.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you set up the TxEVER data source in the Windows ODBC administrator? 

Note if you are using 64-bit SAS then a 64-bit ODBC driver and data source needs to be defined. Alternatively you define a DSN-less connection in SAS pointing at the ODBC driver you want to use.

victhor
Fluorite | Level 6

I was just going to come back on here and update the this post.  My laptop crashed once I rebooted everything worked fine, even though I did a cold reboot already. Thanks!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@victhor - Please mark your post as answered then.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation