BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mr_T1
Calcite | Level 5

same errors as before.

ERROR: The ID value "FS_BS_CURR_ASSETS_TRD_RECV_N_REL" occurs twice in the same BY group.

do you have any suggestion?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Mr_T1 wrote:

same errors as before.

ERROR: The ID value "FS_BS_CURR_ASSETS_TRD_RECV_N_REL" occurs twice in the same BY group.

do you have any suggestion?

Count the characters in the "ID value" string. You'll find it is 32 characters long; you will also find that you probably do not have that value anywhere in your dataset, but values that start with these 32 characters.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Mr_T1 we are still guessing, because you haven't provided the data in the requested form. Now it turns out that I think @Kurt_Bremser has made a very good guess, but its still a guess, and we shouldn't have to be guessing. Please provide a portion of the data as a SAS data step. This will speed everything up, and you will get a better answer and a quicker answer. Kurt Bremser has provided a link that shows how to do that.

We have also asked you to provide the LOG including code as it appears in the LOG, plus any NOTEs, WARNINGs and ERRORs. Again, doing this speeds everything up, so you get a better answer and a quicker answer.

--
Paige Miller
Mr_T1
Calcite | Level 5

as you might guess. my data have several thousands unique counterparty_rk and several hundreds technical_key that repeating/looping for every counterparty_rk.

i haven't try kurt's solution. but, when i have try it. i will let you know about the log and error messages

Thanks for your help @Kurt_Bremser . i'm very appreciated it, i will inform you about the log and error messages immadiately

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@Mr_T1 wrote:

as you might guess. my data have several thousands unique counterparty_rk and several hundreds technical_key that repeating/looping for every counterparty_rk.

i haven't try kurt's solution. but, when i have try it. i will let you know about the log and error messages

Thanks for your help @Kurt_Bremser . i'm very appreciated it, i will inform you about the log and error messages immadiately

Why do you want to generate a table with so many columns?  Why not just leave the data in the form it is in now?  What are trying to DO (in the large picture, not just this transpose step)? How would transposing the data help you do that?

Mr_T1
Calcite | Level 5

i hope my data will only be a few hundred column and thousands row, instead of few column and millions row. as you might see, this is financial statement from thousands counterparty.

i want each counterparty become rows, and financial account become column.

might you can help?

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation