BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ybz12003
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hello:

I have the macro codes list below.   Could anyone let me know what is the token used for?  Thanks.

%macro path (site,url,token);

filename in&site "&dira.\&site._parameter.txt";

In the "Parameter" text file, there is text list below.

token=9999RRR4HTYBNNMVCB&content=record&type=flat&format=csv&

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

As @Tom puts it, token means many things.

if those perimeters are consistent with English I would say that the token is user authorization to access the ulr.  It could also be a specific directory at the ulr.

Please post more information relevant to the macro and the calling statement.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you wrote a macro name PATH that has a input parameter named TOKEN then you should know what it is used for.

If someone else wrote the macro and you cannot figure out what it is doing then if you want help you need to show the code for the macro.  All you included in your question the first line of the macro definition.

ybz12003
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Someone wrote the code, I am try to figure out what it is for.   It's my first time get the idea for this SAS token.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

So far all we know is that your macro has a parameter named TOKEN.  But without the actual code of the macro we cannot tell what the meaning of that parameter is.  The word TOKEN has many meanings in English and Computer Science and without seeing the macro's source code there is no way to tell how that parameter is being used and if it is being used in a way that might be compatible with one of those meanings.

VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

As @Tom puts it, token means many things.

if those perimeters are consistent with English I would say that the token is user authorization to access the ulr.  It could also be a specific directory at the ulr.

Please post more information relevant to the macro and the calling statement.

ybz12003
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

what is ulr?  I found there is another codes follow the token codes.

proc http

in= in&site

out= out&site

headerout = stat&site

url ="&url"

method="post";

run;

ybz12003
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Thanks for all of the expert's help.  I think I know what the codes are used for.   Unfortunately, I can't give all of you as solution acceptors.   I picked the most closest to my answer.  

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation