BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bknight
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I am fairly new to sas. I have received a sas datafile from my work site and would like to work on analyzing it. I sent the data to myself via email (personal computer has SAS, computers at site do not), but when i go to open the data i receive the message "The format ____ was not found or could not be loaded" for all of the variables. 

I am using the code:

libname wcc 'C:\Users\14437\Documents\GradSchool\Practicum\Data\Data';
data wcc;
set wcc.data;
run;

The data file I am attempting to open is a .sas7bdat file.

Any idea of how to remedy this? I do have a formats file, but i'm not sure how to use it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Use this as the first line of your SAS program.

options nofmterr;

Also see this thread https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/How-to-share-SAS-data-set-with-custom-formats/td-p/59... 

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Use this as the first line of your SAS program.

options nofmterr;

Also see this thread https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/How-to-share-SAS-data-set-with-custom-formats/td-p/59... 

--
Paige Miller
bknight
Calcite | Level 5

Worked like a charm, thank you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation