BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
William29
Calcite | Level 5

As part of my code I have the following:

do z=1 to &x;
 do y=1 to 8084;

good&k.{z,y}=0;
 end;
end;

&x is usually a number like 300:

However as a result of this code, I get the following appearing in my log:

William29_0-1696916478364.png

Consequently, I cannot see anything else as the values of the array elements take up the entire log. Is there any way to suppress the output displaying array element values? 

I have tried 'Options nosource nonotes' but it unfortunately does not suppress the above array information

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Seeing the complete code and the log showing what happens before would be really helpful to help you. It seems as if there are warnings or notes that should be taken care of to avoid the array information from appearing in the log.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Seeing the complete code and the log showing what happens before would be really helpful to help you. It seems as if there are warnings or notes that should be taken care of to avoid the array information from appearing in the log.

William29
Calcite | Level 5

I have attached the code and log to this reply

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Using PROC IMPORT to read in text files can lead to a lot of problems since it has to GUESS how to define the variables.

What is the purpose of the MACRO used in that program?

It is during the code generated by the MACRO that you are getting the data errors that are triggering the dumping of the data values to the log.

If you turn on the MPRINT option then at least you will see in the log the SAS statements that the macro generated.

You appear to be trying to use a character variables like TERM, ROLE and ATTRIBUTE  as they are numbers.

NOTE: Character values have been converted to numeric values at the places given by: (Line):(Column).
      852:30    852:51    852:72    852:181   852:203   852:225   
NOTE: Variable _TERM_ is uninitialized.
NOTE: Variable x is uninitialized.
WARNING: The variable hello in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never been referenced.
NOTE: Invalid numeric data, Term='george' , at line 852 column 41.
NOTE: Invalid numeric data, Role='PN' , at line 852 column 62.
NOTE: Invalid numeric data, Attribute='Alpha' , at line 852 column 83.
NOTE: Invalid numeric data, Term1='cal' , at line 852 column 192.
NOTE: Invalid numeric data, Role1='N' , at line 852 column 214.
NOTE: Invalid numeric data, Attribute1='Alpha' , at line 852 column 236.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation