BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DingTao
Calcite | Level 5

I have a dataset structured as repeated measurement and Mixed model for repeated measurement is used for analysis. The standard code to get average change from baseline (note that here we are comparing baseline with the mean of the last 4 visits) and the associated p-value has been posted below. I wonder based on this, how can I test the non-inferiority using a margin of -1, e.g., change from baseline is greater than -1. The null hypothesis is that this change will be smaller or equal to -1. Can anyone suggest how to write SAS for this test? 

proc mixed data=mydata;
  class id visit sex(ref='F');
  model change = age sex baseline visit*baseline/ ddfm=kr fullx;
  repeated visit / subject = id type = un;
  lsmeans visit ;
  estimate 'Average' Intercept 1 age 1 sex 0.5 0.5 
           visit 0 0 0 0 0 0.25 0.25 0.25 0.25 base & basemean 
           visit*base 0 0 0 0 0 &basemean1 &basemean1 &basemean1 &basemean1 / cl;
run;

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Use an ODS OUTPUT statement to get the ESTIMATE value into a dataset, and then postprocess that dataset, comparing the result of the ESTIMATE statement to -1. This might be easier if you use LSMESTIMATE as you don"t need all of the terms that refer to anything except the lsmeans for visit*baseline.

SteveDenham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation