BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ChuksManuel
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello guys,

I have 2 problems and i will appreciate appropriate codes for each case.

1. The data set i attached here is called "Chuck1" and i want to sort this data so that the observations are listed (grouped) by state with the first observation having a value of 'TX' and the youngest person in that state.

2. I also want to write a second code that will help me sort "chuck1" so that there is only one observation per person (Subj_no identifies each person in the data set). I don't want to overwrite the original data set, but rather to put the sorted data into a new data set called 'Chuck2".

Help is needed!

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

Please post your sample data in the form of a SAS datastep with datalines to represent the data so that we can read you sample data into a SAS dataset.

Otherwise we have to enter all your sample from a snapshot to get an understanding of the data and the data types.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

Please post your sample data in the form of a SAS datastep with datalines to represent the data so that we can read you sample data into a SAS dataset.

Otherwise we have to enter all your sample from a snapshot to get an understanding of the data and the data types.

Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

A simple sort will be:

proc sort data=chuck1;
   by descending state age;
run;

without duplicates:

proc sort data=chuck1 out=chuck2 nodupkey;
   by subj_no;
run;

ChuksManuel
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Shmuel!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation