BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jaji
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I am looking :

So my research is: I want to create a table of 5000 observations with 3 variables (formula, sex, salary). Now in the formula variable: I have 50% of the observations being F1, 20% or F2 and 30% or F3. In the sex variable: 70% or men and 30% women. Finally the salary: 50% earn 3000 euros and 50% 2000 euros. This is basically what I'm looking for.

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

I modified your subject line to be more descriptive and removed the text of your question from a code block, that should be used for code or data not text. 

You really should also know the relationship between the variables but assuming what you stated is all you have something like the following will get you started.

data randomData;

*random seed to ensure reproducible results for testing;
call streaminit(55);

array probFormula(3)$  _temporary_ ("F1", "F2", "F3");
array probSex(2) $ _temporary_ ("M", "F");
array probSalary(2) _temporary_ (3000, 2000);

*number of observations = 5000;
do i=1 to 5000;
formula = probFormula(rand('table', 0.5, 0.2, 0.3));
Sex = probSex(rand('table', 0.7, 0.3));
Salary = probSalary(rand('table', 0.5, 0.5));
output;
end;

drop i;

run;

*check distribution;
proc freq data=randomData;
table formula sex salary;
run;

@Jaji wrote:

Hello,

I am looking :

So my research is: I want to create a table of 5000 observations with 3 variables (formula, sex, salary). Now in the formula variable: I have 50% of the observations being F1, 20% or F2 and 30% or F3. In the sex variable: 70% or men and 30% women. Finally the salary: 50% earn 3000 euros and 50% 2000 euros. This is basically what I'm looking for.

Jaji
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank very much. Your code will help me.

Thank you

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation