BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sanjay_M
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using ODS tagsets.excelxp with the below code to show the output in excel. I'm using this format to show the numbers in millions.

Example:

9416016 as 9

-1158933 as -1

How can I show the below positive and negative numbers that are less than million as ZERO.

-160231 should be shown as 0 

160231  should be shown as 0

call define("&&allperiod&i", 'style', 'style={background=&colour4 width=1 tagattr="format:#,###,,;-#,###,,;-"}');

3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Thats not a tagset issue.  If you want to display data differently, then either correct the data in a datastep before reporting, i.e.

if value < 1000000 then value=0;

Or apply a format to the variable which has something like;

proc format;
  value r
    low-1000000="0";
run;
data want;
  set have;
  format value r.;
run;
Sanjay_M
Obsidian | Level 7

In excel if you type -160230 in  a cell and apply custom format #,##0,, the value shows as zero.

the display value is shown as zero and for information when you enter the cell it shows the actual value in the formula bar.

I am trying to replicate this.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, but that is something which Excel does.  Excel is not SAS.  When you output from ods tagsets.excelxp what you are actually creating is a text file, which contains your data in XML form, with tags and such like which Excel will read and interpret - this is the key word here = interpret.  Excel system is of its own, nothing whatsoever to do with SAS, so how it reads that text file and understands it is its own process.  If you want 0 to be displayed for numbers less than a certain value, use one of the two methods given.  If you want to use Excel and some Excel specific functions, then invest in learning Excel and VBA.  The tagattr, is just more text added to the file which tries to indicate to Excel what to do with the data, if Excel chooses not to do this or ignores it, or does something else, that is really up to it (and another good reason not to use for anything in the first place).

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation