BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ponton
Calcite | Level 5

Dear members,

I recently realized that the position of observations on the x-axis was modified according to the size specified in the markercharattrs option. It appears as a simple translation of the scatterplot from the right to the left as the size increases (I enclosed two graphs, with size=2 and size=20, respectively). I suppose there is a good reason for this happening (and I'd be grateful if you'd explain it to me) but I find this a very serious problem, as it can easily go unnoticed.

Regards,

proc sort data=anno1_itraxind ; by wood bois; run;
proc sgpanel data=anno1_itraxind noautolegend dattrmap=myattrmap;
format markersp $symbesp.;
panelby wood bois / rows=2 novarname headerattrs=(size=12) uniscale=column;
scatter x=x y=y / group=site attrid=myid name='a' markerchar=markersp markercharattrs=(Family="Arial Unicode MS" size=20) transparency=0.3;
rowaxis label="PC2" offsetmin=0 offsetmax=0 values=(-6 to 6 by 2) labelattrs=(size=14) valueattrs=(size=12);
colaxis label="PC1" offsetmin=0 offsetmax=0 values=(-6 to 6 by 2) labelattrs=(size=14) valueattrs=(size=12);
refline 0/ axis=x lineattrs=(pattern=1 thickness=1px color=black);
refline 0/ axis=y lineattrs=(pattern=1 thickness=1px color=black);
keylegend 'a' / title="" noborder;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ksharp
Super User
/*Try option "labelstrip"*/
proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;
scatter x=weight y=height/markerchar=name group=sex labelstrip;
run;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

You should include the ODS destination statement and ODS Graphics options in effect. Better would be to include an actual data set we test code with.

The orientation of your attached PDF does not quite align with your description of "right to left" as the attachment has the image rotated in respect to the document layout, which also may have an impact.

Suggestion: use fewer points, modify the dattrmap to include two definitions of marker size and overlay the same data with the two different attribute maps (that is TWO scatter statements). Then you are displaying the same points in the same location and we don't have to deal with optical illusion effects that may be involved with moving eyes left/right to "see" if relative locations are the same.

data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Seems like this issue is.

offsetmin=0 offsetmax=0

Fiddle with those and see what happens. 

Ksharp
Super User
/*Try option "labelstrip"*/
proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;
scatter x=weight y=height/markerchar=name group=sex labelstrip;
run;
ponton
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much, Ksharp, for this suggestion, which does indeed solve the problem.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation