BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JJP1
Pyrite | Level 9

Yes thanks @Kurt_Bremser .Actually i was trying to mention everything including options also in SAS code.

So what can i do please.

Do i need to raise SAS track that SAS SFTP option code is not working ?

or

you want me to setup the options  under .ssh ?

Sorry how can i proceed further from now.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

As I said, a segmentation violation points to an internal problem in SAS, and that is the domain of SAS Technical Support.

As a workaround, I recommend running the command from the commandline, and once this works without entering a password, you can use the same (whole) command in a filename pipe. The 2>&1 I added redirects the stderr output to stdout, so that the data step can catch it and write it to the log.

For the sake of simplicity, I recommend to use the ssh config file for host-specific options.

JJP1
Pyrite | Level 9

hi @Kurt_Bremser ,

found that remote server was making use of TLS 1.2 version for FTP connection.

but in my case SAS does not support  TLS 1.2 version and only supports TLS 1.0 verison.

but same connection where SFTP with SSH keys works fine when i ran command via putty application.

but same command gets failed with segmentaion error in SAS EG,do you think it is due to TLS version please..

So If it is due to TLS version may i know why & how please.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

As I said, get it to run from the commandline, and then use the whole commandline command in a filename pipe from SAS; all the work is done outside SAS, and SAS only fetches the results.

JJP1
Pyrite | Level 9

I was using private key name as  very long ***********************************.com.So tried by shortening the key name as ***.key and it works fine in SAS and able to connect to remote server successfully.

Just a blind guess and did not expected that it would work..I really can't understand why it worked and not giving correct error also in SAS log.

Special Thank you @Kurt_Bremser .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation