BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Winkle
Calcite | Level 5
Hi All,

May I consult one issue regard to excel file import? Our SAS version is SAS 9.4 EG.

When I import excel file (.xlsx & .xls), will have one log issue as follows,
NOTE: One or more variables were converted because the data type is not supported by the V9 engine. For more details, run with options MSGLEVEL=I.

(Program:
PROC IMPORT DATAFILE="&_project.data\sdtm csv\test.xlsx"  OUT=temp1 DBMS= xlsx replace; Sheet = "TA";getnames = Yes;
RUN;)

Could you please let me know how to solve this issue?

Thank you so much 🙂
2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Did you run the code after setting msglevel=1?

This is a data content issue. Without seeing actual data that might be very hard to diagnose.

Did the sheet contain any graphs or pivot tables? Those are possible issues.

I would suggest looking at the data in the resulting SAS data set and examining the Excel file to see what did not end up in the SAS data set.

himself
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, I know the reply is out of date,  but i did put options msglevel=I and the bad note was no more.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation