BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Venkat4
Quartz | Level 8

I am trying to automate the meeting room booking process via SAS emailing to the meeting room email just like how Outlook does while booking a room. I got the email ID for the room and can add myself as sender, and only thing that is missing is the "when" option or "start time" and "End time" option within the filename email SAS code.

I don't seem to see anything related to the timing as an option like

importance="high"

I am sure the option exist or can be added differently. Can someone let me know how would you solve this problem using SAS and automated email?

Thank you,

Park

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

I just tested this out and worked for me.

1) Open Outlook and create a meeting maker as you like to have.

2) Save the file (.ics extension).

3) open this .ics file in Notepad++ and find where you have to make changes to schedule it daily.

4) Read this file (.ics) into sas and make necessary changes with new date and time and create another (.ics file ) that is similar to the one you created earlier.

5) Send email from SAS with this new (.ics file attached).

6) You should see the meeting added in your calendar.  

Thanks,
Suryakiran

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi,

You can add importance for the mail using IMPORTANCE='HIGH' options. But, for meeting maker I don't think there are any direct options available. You may have to hard code and create an invite file for setting a meeting.

You might find this helpful: https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings09/086-2009.pdf

Thanks,
Suryakiran
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

I just tested this out and worked for me.

1) Open Outlook and create a meeting maker as you like to have.

2) Save the file (.ics extension).

3) open this .ics file in Notepad++ and find where you have to make changes to schedule it daily.

4) Read this file (.ics) into sas and make necessary changes with new date and time and create another (.ics file ) that is similar to the one you created earlier.

5) Send email from SAS with this new (.ics file attached).

6) You should see the meeting added in your calendar.  

Thanks,
Suryakiran
Venkat4
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you much. This seems like a great solution. I tried it, but somehow Outlook is not doing anything when the email is sent from SAS with the .ics file attached. I sent the email directly to the meeting room. I am not sure if any firewall is causing the issue. I do get email from SAS if I use my email in the "To" and I can open the .ics file fine. Do you have any suggestion?

filename sendmail email
sender="myemail@yyyy.com"
to=("meetingroom122@yyyy.com") 
Subject = "Room 122"
 attach="/path/data/meeting1.ics";

data _null_;
 file sendmail;
run;

SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Check if you have meeting organizer listed. Also mention from=<your email> in the filename. 

Thanks,
Suryakiran

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation